The EMIS-MAIL is designed to detect a wide variety of metal threat items including detonators, batteries, trigger circuits and other metal components of parcel bombs without false alarms for non-threat items such as metal staples, paper clips and metal binding spirals.
The EMIS-MAIL is very easy to use and provides a fast and automatic alarm/no alarm signal confirmation per each inspected package. Its compact, ergonomic design along with the electric and built-in NiMH rechargeable battery power supply allows for independent operation in a variety of locations. An optional embedded radioactive detector is also available for radioactive material threat detection.
The EMIS-MAIL is uniquely qualified to operate in a prison or correctional facility environment with specific settings available for prison parcel inspection. Along with meeting the strictest safety and security standards, EMIS-MAIL is also compliant with the EU Regulation 185/2010 for the inspection of letters and parcels.
- Automatic inspection of parcels and letters up to 45 cm in width and 7.5 cm thickness
- Detection of detonators, batteries, trigger circuits and other metal components of parcel bombs
- No alarm on metal staples, paper-clips and metal binding spirals
- Ergonomic, compact design
- Confirmation of signal (OK/ALARM) for each package inspected
- Operates on the mains power supply and with NiMH rechargeable batteries (optional)
- No calibration or periodic maintenance required
- Integrated battery charger
- Optional embedded detector of radioactive materials